For the uninitiated, Valentine’s Day is this Thursday, February 14th, 2019. A little preparation is key since reservations are crucial at most restaurants serving a special meal for that special someone. There are dinner options at a range of South Bay eateries and we’ve compiled a list below in honor of love and capitalism.
South Bay Event’s List: Valentine’s Day Dining Options
- A Basq Kitchen Along Redondo Pier’s International Boardwalk, A Basq Kitchen, prepares a four-course menu built for two available Wednesday February 13 to Sunday, February 17. Select from Basque style cuisine like Pintxo (pronounced: peen-cho) small bites, a vegetable or Mushroom Tart Tapa, two entrees or order the Chuleta Rib-Eye for two and a dessert . Seafood Lovers Paella will only be available on Thursday February 14. Cost is $69 per couple; A Basq Kitchen is located at 136 N. International Boardwalk on the Redondo Pier. menu
- R/10 Social House Sets the mood for a lovers delight on Valentine’s Day with an intimate 3-course prix fixe menu. Let your heart wander over Steak Tartare, Oysters on the Half Shell, Seafood Tortellini or a Chocolate Raspberry Tart. Wine pairing available, click here to view menu. Valentine’s men available from 5:00 p.m. to close. To make a reservation call ahead at (310) 798-2500.
- Creme de la Crepe: An economical choice when you factor in quality and quantity. There are two Creme de la Crepe South Bay locations (Redondo Beach and Hermosa Beach) helping to spread out the Valentine’s Day crowd. Both locations will be serving a prix fixe “Saint Valentin Menu” that comes with your choice of dessert crepe, an appetizer and main entree; cost is $49 per person. Creme de la Crepe in Hermosa Beach is located at 424 Pier Avenue & the Redondo Beach location is at 1708 1/2 S. Catalina Avenue in Redondo Beach’s Riviera Village. www.cremedelacrepe.com
- The Strand House Manhattan Beach: The Strand House prepares a four-course Valentine’s menu with main course offerings: Suckling Pig Confit, Snake River Farms Rib Eye, Ratatouille Byaldi, or John Dory (herb gnocchi, Chanterelle mushrooms, beurre rouge). Cost is $125 per person with optional $50 wine pairing (excludes tax & 20% service charge). Location: 117 Manhattan Beach Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266 menu
- Chez Melange On Thursday, February 14th at 5:30 pm Chez Melange will be serving a three-course prix fixe menu for just $75 per person. Some specialty dishes include, Escargot served with Chez’s toast stilton cheese, garlic butter and brussels sprout leaves, New England Sea Scallops that are pan seared to medium, a base of orange reduction, polenta and corn. As well as a, Arctic Char with a blueberry gastrique served with cucumber mint olive oil couscous. Seating is limited so call ahead at (310) 540-1222. Location: 1611 S. Catalina Avenue, Redondo Beach, CA 90277 more info
- Matisse Restaurant Inside the Ayres Hotel along the 405 Freeway in Hawthorne is a little gem that often gets dismissed because of its location. The Ayres Hotel has a sophisticated atmosphere and could be a quaint spot for romantic nosh. Matisee is serving up a 3-course dinner on Thursday and reservations are available between 5:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. Click here to view the menu; cost is $79 per person. Call (310) 536-0807 to make a reservation.
- Jackson’s Food + Drink Serves up a special “Love is in the Air” menu where you can buy one entree and then upgrade to a 3-course meal for an additional $19.95. Don’t feel like being locked into a meal deal, then order the Filet Mignon Medallions with a trio of three sauces, Porcini Mushroom, Bearnaise & Gorgonzola served on toasted Crostini with creamy Polenta, Roasted Campari Tomatoes and grilled Asparagus for $36.95. Location: 2041 Rosecrans Ave. #190, El Segundo, CA 90245 menuBy
By Scott Hayes | [email protected] | www.southbayevents.com
Updated Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 2:17 p.m.