Saint Patrick’s Day 2017 in the South Bay
Check out the South Bay Events’ full listing of what’s going on in the South Bay of Los Angeles for Saint Patrick’s Day – Friday, March 17th, 2017!
St. Patrick’s Day in Hermosa Beach
- Sharkeez: Ditch work early! Saint Patrick’s Day is on a Friday this year. Sharkeez Hermosa beach is pulling out all the stops. Buy any drink and get the next one for 25 cents. Earliest guests receive limited edition O’Sharkeez Hats! Happy Hour: Irish Car Bombs, Guinness, Greeen Margaritas, Green Aluminum Bud Bottles, Green Jell-O Shots, Jameson Shots, Green Domestic Drafts, Green Mixed Drinks (Add Red Bull $1).
- Hennessey’s: The place to be in the South Bay for St. Paddy’s! You won’t be drinking alone even if you get there at 7 a.m. there will be a line by 10. But, to grab a table anywhere in this place is St. Patrick’s heaven, and it turns into a madhouse by early afternoon.
- Patrick Molloys: Another Irish pub, Molloys will be packed to the rafters too. Opening early in the morning for some Kegs N’ Eggs and green beer. Please wear green and be ready to party. Drink specials throughout the day.
- Saint Rocke: If you don’t have plans for Saint Patrick’s Day, well, now then you do. Saint Rocke gets it going with tribute band Hollywood U2 and Barley Friday March 17th. Get in early for happy hour with “Piano Man” Scott Doyle (this is the guy from your favorite Dueling Piano nights).
- The Lighthouse Cafe: Think Green! You don’t wanna miss this one, special guests and surprises all night long! Musical artists include Vagrant Nation (9pm). The Lighthouse Cafe opens at 4:00 p.m.
A pint of the Plain at Guinness Storehouse brewery tour in Dublin, Ireland (Photo by South Bay Events).
St. Patrick’s Day in Redondo Beach
- Redondo Beach Brewing Company: One of the original brewpubs to stake claim in the South Bay located at the top of Catalina Avenue might not be hosting a ton of St. Patrick’s Day events but if you’re looking for a place that’s got tasty bar food, good brew, and is kid friendly, then celebrate here. Last year Redondo Brew Co renovated their bar and added over 60 handles of craft beer, Modern Times, Stone Brewing, Ballast Point, Bear Republic and more. Their beer list is one of the best in the South Bay, check it out for yourself.
- Hennesseys: Although usually “mellower” than its Hermosa Beach counterpart, on St. Patrick’s Day the crowd is locker room tight. Get there early for a table and don’t forget there is space at the back with a tent covered patio.
- H.T. Grill: Enjoy some of the coolest outside patio dining in the heart of Redondo Beach’s Riviera Village on Friday. H.T. Grill gets it going for St. Patrick’s Day with some special menu items like Corned Beef N’ Cabbage, Fish N’ Chips and more served all day long (or until they run out).
- Taste of the South Bay with L.A. Kings: Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with the LA Kings at Taste of the South Bay, an upscale, food-centric social event at Shade Hotel’s beautiful new location in Redondo Beach! In between tastings, guests can mix and mingle with LA Kings personnel and celebrities, play casino games, bid on the silent auction and more.
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at American Legion Post 184: The Canteen/Bar opens at Noon, but the band “Pompous” goes on later that night at 10:30pm until midnight. St. Patrick’s Day goodies provided while supplies last. The American Legion Post 184 is a veterans based non-profit membership organization. When you attend Post events, you’re also helping the many Veteran programs that Post 184 supports.
- Naja’s Place: One of the best destinations for beer fans in the South Bay, Naja’s is a solid daytime option for St. Patrick’s Day partying, especially if the sun is out. Look for some seasonal stout and porter beer flavors from local & regional breweries.
St. Patrick’s Day in Manhattan Beach
- Hennesseys:Manhattan Beach’s Irish tavern will be a little quieter than the others, but will still be jam-packed for Saint Paddy’s! Ice cold green beer will be served all day, and you’ll think you’re in Ireland after a few pints.
- Sharks Cove: For a more relaxed St. Paddy’s, check out Sharks Cove in Manhattan Beach. There’s no cover and live acoustic music will start at 9:30 p.m.
- Shellback Tavern: Shellback will be packed as usual and they’ll be serving Corned Beef & Cabbage Tacos. Make sure you’re there as early as possible- doors will be open at 11 a.m.! No cover.
- Sharkeez MB: Sharkeez in Manhattan will be offering the same crazy activities as their Hermosa counterpart, including the Contests. See the Hermosa Sharkeez description above…